1) Why do you think after 200 years jeans are still one of the most popular items of clothing?
- I think Denim is such an iconic and versatile fabric that it can just keep re-inventing itself. At least every decade it is used in a totally different way – just think 10 years ago the concept of premium denim did not even exist.
2) Last time I counted there were over 50 brands of premium denim jeans, what makes your jeans stand out from the rest?
- Many jeans brands are approaching denim in a traditional ‘california lifestyle’ approach. I was bored and tired of endless blue, boot cut jeans and wanted something different – something more refined. Being British, Radcliffe comes at Denim from a totally different perspective. Our background is in traditional Savile Row tailoring – so while we are obsessed with denim we use it in a very unexpected way – for instance our Denim Trafalgar trench coat is a very traditional tailored coat but cut in one of the most innovative denims it is transformed into something very contemporary
3) Who do you imagine is a typical customer?
- Radcliffe is for a very modern woman, who is very confident in her style. She appreciates luxury and impeccable fitting clothes – but loves the energy and attitude of denim.