Jessica Simpson in Genetic Denim True Leggings in Zinc
1) Why do you think after 200 years jeans are still one of the most popular items of clothing?
- Jeans are the only article of clothing that transcends seasons and borders, itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s timeless.
2) Last time I counted there were over 50 brands of premium denim jeans, what makes your jeans stand out from the rest?
- For me itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s all about fabrication and fit and really understanding the shapes and contours of different body types. We use fabrics from all over the world for specific styles taking into account how it will mold to a silhouette. I feel other denim brands answer to their jeans not fitting is to go up a size. I spent one year traveling the country going to 42 cities in search of the perfect fitting jean. The one thing I can say with the utmost certainty is that everyone is different in shape and size so instead of telling my customers to go up a size I designed the Recessive Gene for the slender girl and the Dominant Gene for the curvier girl. We separate ourselves by looking at a menÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s and womenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s silhouette and making jeans based on my research and how I saw 26,000 people try on different pairs of jeans.
3) Who do you imagine is a typical customer?
- A confident customer thatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s secure in his/her own skin. The name Genetic and the concept adhere to womenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s and menÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s genetic composition that makes them unique in this world, and thatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s what truly sets everyone apart. I go from basic to fashion pieces it just depends on how that person is feeling at that specific moment when choosing what to wear. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s about the person not the clothes.