Here is a great opportunity for one lucky denim lover – Siwy Denim are looking for Public Relations & Sales Intern to be based in New York. As well as being will be part of one of the hottest denim lines around you will also get credit, a clothing stipend each month and priceless hands on experience at every level. Individuals must have some of these traits:
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be extremely organized
- Must have an understanding of sewing, construction and fit. Though you will not be sewing. An ability to work alone and as a team
- Must remain upbeat and positive under extreme pressure
- Must be creative and have an appreciation for art, design, beauty and imperfection.
- A keen sense of style with a love for fashion.
- Working directly with Michelle Siwy, Creative Director and Designer on fun and creative projects.
- Work as a liaison between factory in Los Angeles and New York Design office.
- Creating technical detail packages for development styles and production.
- Ability to take specs and work on fit sessions with designers.
- Managing wash library and fabric library.
- Sourcing trims and fabric
- Researching vintage denim and style.
- Researching global trends and street style.
- Creating Mood Boards, Story Boards and Inspiration Boards.
- Knowledge of Macintosh Computers
- Skilled in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop for design projects, graphic projects and email campaign
- Helping out on Look Book Shoots: storyboards, styling, dressing models.
Please send a cover letter, resume, your photo, examples of any work (design) or examples of your creativity and style to [email protected]. And finally if you apply for this position and get it I am sure all the readers of Denimology will want to know all about it!