This is Meltin”Pot’s collaboration for July 2011. This exciting collaboration gives 12 bloggers a chance to show their personal interpretation of the brand using selected images, which will be featured on Meltin’Pot’s website and in stores all over the world – can’t wait for it to be my turn!
This month featured blogger is Andrew Davis, a London based stylist. Davis was Style at the infamous Brit Face Magazine and went on to be Fashion Director at Arena magazine and Arena Homme Plus. He has styled shows for some major designer brands and has worked with celebrities including Tom Cruise. Daniel Craig, Mariah Carey. Tinie Tempah and Uma Thurman. He regularly contributes to Hero, Love magazine, Interview and L’Uomo Vogue and Hercules.
Andrew’s 10 hot seasonal tips are:
1. Double Denim – Mix different washes of Denim. Washed out denim shirt with dark denim jeans.
2. Summer Layers – Combine classic white T shirt with a white vest over the top. (the vest should be one size up from the T ).
3. Reinvent Brogue -Take your old -air of Brogues and remove the laces and replace with Neon orange or Cyan blue laces.
4. Rainwear Update- Freshen up that old military Parka by belting with a skinny brown belt. Get through the UK’s wettest summer.
5. Button It – Cut off the buttons on last seasons must have denim shirt and replace with Bright acid colored buttons
6 Jazz up – The arms on an old pair of shade with metallic tape.
7. Happy Feet – Steer clear of flip flops. Hide those ugly toes in a pair of Espadrilles
8. Treat yourself – Splash out on a new pair of shoes this season.
9. Repair an old friend – Did the moths feast on your favorite cashmere jumper last winter? get the holes repaired by the Cashmere Doctor http://www.knitweardoctor.com/contact.php
10. Spot on – Take an old denim jacket, randomly place coins over the sleeve. In a plant spray water bottle dilute 1 Part bleach to 10 parts warm water. Spray over the sleeves and leave to dry in the sun. (repeat or the back of sleeves).