In this 6th edition of Meltin’Pot Style Me Up event the blogger is Stefano Guerrini, an Italian fashion writer and professor of fashion. Stefano’s emotional approach in his interpretation of the 3 Meltin’Pot outfits for the winter season, which, by choice, don’t portray him as the principal protagonist, are worn by the model Ziga and immortalized by the photographer Omar Machiavelli.
“I created a real fashion shoot,” says the pro -Guerrini, who likes to define himself as a “pop archaeologist, and enthusiastic researcher of style.” He has in fact skillfully chosen the more sought after denim washes within the collection alongside the workwear chino styles from the more contemporary part of the line, including warm sweaters and plaid shirts with unexpected details.
His styling tips are:
1) Scarves are one of the hallmarks of my personal style. Especially if vintage.To wear also, especially in contrast.
2) A superstoned denim, but worn with a Bon Ton sweater. I love the contamination of style!
3) Comfy is in! No more Superskinny pants!
4) Love to transcend trends. Twisted cords or bracelets that your loved ones gave you are always in fashion.
5) Boys in the hood! I love hooded sweaters in winter.
6) Watches are in. For years I didn’t wear them, limiting myself to checking on the cell phone. But recently I found some original seventies ones, still working, in a market. It was love at first sight!
7) A thin belt, but worn as a bracelet, a tie as a scarf and untied! For a touch of unpredictability.
8) A denim jacket even in the colder months. I suggest you wear it with a tartan shirt or black turtleneck tight sweater. To remember the look of Gerard Malanga, who collaborated with Warhol, the Factory Playboy.
9) A colorful accessory can brighten a day, even those rainy autumn ones.
10) Dare to be different. Dare to be a lone voice. Even when it comes to style.
Okay, guys, next one featured at this Style Me Up event will be yours truly, Lisette!!! YAY!!! Prepare yourselves for some amazing photos and check back here for updates!!!
photo: Omar Macchiavelli / www.omarmacchiavelli.com
model: Ziga / Urban Agency