When selecting blogs to be featured in Links à La Mode, more often than not, I’m drawn in by an interesting image or a cleverly composed title. I’m a big fan of wit, whimsy and a little sarcasm. However, this week I handled things a bit different and made choices spurred on by inspiration, you know, that good ol’ gut feeling!
Bloggers aplenty (this means you) emboldened me to do more than just write about style and fashion (denim in my case). I wanted to bust out some serious sequin yardage. I pondered why everything looks better with glitter. I was impressed- no, I was in awe- with brilliant use of nail polish! I chose links that lured me far from my computer, taunting me to use my hands for anything but typing. Dear bloggers, you may have a small pedestal (you know.. your blog), but your voice can still be mighty… and inspirational! The future of fashion belongs to those of us willing to get our hands dirty!
After you’ve had a good read of this weeks links, step away from the computer and go stain up those hands. Make sure to document the process because, you know, your coming right back here to your computer anyway. You may as well be inspirational. Last thing, it’s okay if all you do is make is a mess; at least you were inspired and that counts for something, right?
- 1972 Projects: Menswear’s Madness, Monsters and Misshapes
- Absolutely Fuzzy: Inspired: Spikes and Studs
- Aspiring New Moms: 3 Ways to Wear Your Light Blue Oxford
- Blah Blah Becky: Style Blogging is Difficult in Winter & Tips to Ease the Pain
- Denimology: We Pick Our Favorite Animal Print Jeans!
- Fashion is Evolution: How To Make Punk Rock Shirts with Spray Paint & Stencils
- Fashion Tales: DIY Glitter Glam Pumps!
- Khola’s Kloset: More is More is More with Iris Apfel
- Labels & Love: What Victoria’s Secret Angels Do
- Marmalade: DIY Edgy, Strong Shoulder Cardigan
- Pretty Quirky Pants: DIY Neon Cut -Out Necklace
- Semi: DIY Miu Miu Gold Sequin Bird Dress Tutorial
- Sidewalk Chic: How To Take Photos in Winter
- Sprinkles in Springs: DIY: Tom Binns Inspired Necklace
- Style The Luxe: A Look at the Evil Eye Jewelry Trend
- The Fashionistyle: Behind the Scenes Tour of Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show
- The Shophopper: 5 Basic Tips for Parisian Shopping
- Wardrobe of a Secret Millionaire: Ethical Fashion – Considering Your Impact
- We Lived Our Lives In Style: Temporary Chanel Tattoos
- Woodstock Wardrobe: Nail the Retro Style