- A friend of our family dies at 54 from cancer leaving a husband and three daughters still in school.
- A friend of our family’s Dad dies unexpectedly.
- My former football coach makes a decision for quality of life over more chemo for his cancer. He is given two to three months to live.
- A friend puts her Dad in hospice, as he is losing his battle with cancer.
- A business partner of twenty-five years, who married my friend and has four children, is diagnosed with breast cancer.
This was a tough week.
Life’s curveballs: we all have them. I was angry and saddened by these events and it also made for some reflection on my part on what is important in my life. I also wanted to fight back.
The previous week, I had been on Lee Jeans’ website and came across their Denim Day initiative to eliminate breast cancer. Here was my opportunity to fight back: Denimology, together with our staff, fans and readers, could support this initiative and make a difference in the battle against breast cancer.
First, some background…..
- Lee National Denim Day® was inspired by the women, men, family and friends who wanted to fight back against breast cancer.
- Since its inception in 1996, Lee National Denim Day has raised more than $89 million.
- This year, Denim Day is on Friday, October 4th.
- Supporters nationwide fight back against breast cancer by putting on their jeans in exchange for a $5 (or more) donation with the goal of raising millions of dollars.
- Lee National Denim Day will benefit community-based programs, including breast cancer screenings and free lodging for breast cancer patients and caregivers seeking treatment away from home, as well as national research grants working to find, treat and cure breast cancer.
Here’s what we can do together:
Denimology has formed a team. Our Team Name is: Denimology. Our Team ID is: 249314. Consider donating $5 or more to our team. I set our team goal at $5,000. I had no idea what amount to make our goal. My prayer and wish is that together, we surpass it significantly.
Register your own team at your place of work and get your business involved.
Like Us on Facebook, Follow Us on Twitter, Sign-up for our Daily/Weekly Newsletter or Follow Us on Pinterest. Denimology is donating $.50 to Denim Day for every new Like, Follower or Subscriber on Denimology.
Spread the news through the Send To A Friend button on our Team Page or through all your social channels. Together, we can make a difference.
I encourage you to check back each day, as I will post on our efforts together to bring breast cancer to it’s knees.
Thank you for being a part of Denimology and your support. We can make a difference!