This is perfect for the denim heads among you guys. The Canadian Denim Co. is all about producing selvedge and raw jeans made in Canada. Let’s check out what they are telling us and you will also find the video shown below very interesting!
“The Canadian Denim Co. is proud to announce the launch of its first men’s line. High quality jeans, produced in limited quantity and manufactured right here in Canada. The jeans are available through a crowd funding campaign and sold directly to consumers at wholesale price for a limited time.
A new business model with the Canadian heritage in mind, started by two young Montreal entrepreneurs, The Canadian Denim Co. strives to deliver classics that are worth keeping for years. A collection of well tailored raw selvedge jeans made of the finest and toughest material from Cone White Oaks mills, all sourced in North America and manufactured in a factory with years of experience in cutting and sewing denim, located in Beauce, Quebec.
The idea of producing in Canada came as a logical solution to the desire to produce garments in an ethical and sustainable way: “Sustainability is a key value for us. This is our greatest motivation to start our own thing, control the source and keep things local,” says co-owner Joelle Collin, who has worked as a designer for almost a decade for top Canadian brands before launching this new concept.”
The Louie, Slim Straight Selvedge jeans
• 13.5oz raw selvedge denim. 100% cotton.
• Slim straight leg, a modern slim look that leaves room in the right places.
• Antique copper buttons and rivets.
• Maple color moose leather patch.
• Heavy-duty 6oz twill pocket lining.
• Finished with felled seams at inseam and back panel.
• Fly is finished with binding. No overlock!
• Back pockets double bar tacks.
• Hidden selvedge inside coin pocket.
• Reinforcement tape inside front pockets, coin pockets and belt loops.
• Leather reinforcement ring.
You can check out the Canadian Denim Co. on their website.