denim

To celebrate Earth Day and the Madewell Blue Jeans Go Green partnership reaching 155k (155,532 to be exact) pairs of denim recycled, clean out your closet by bringing your old denim in to Madewell stores. We’ll transform it into housing insulation for communities in need. Madewell is dedicated to collecting 200,000 pairs of denim to be recycled with Blue Jeans Go Green by the end of 2017.

Madewell has been working with Cotton Incorporated on the Blue Jeans Go Green™ program since 2014. The Blue Jeans Go Green™ denim recycling program was created by Cotton Incorporated in 2006. The program is a call-to-action to give old denim new life by recycling it into natural cotton fiber insulation.

charity

The partnership began in 2014 with a four-week long drive in Madewell stores. The response was overwhelming and transitioned into a 365 day-a-year initiative for Madewell.
Jeans can be recycled at any of the 117 Madewell retail locations. Madewell stores represent the only year-round physical drop sites for recycling denim with Blue Jeans Go Green.

How can you support Blue Jeans Go Green through Madewell?

Bring your old jeans into any Madewell store, year-round. Madewell will send them to Blue Jeans Go Green to recycle into housing insulation.

For a limited time, Madewell is enclosing a postage-paid mailer with every purchase you make at madewell.com. You can pop your jeans into the envelope and send—zero legwork required.
Denim can be recycled at any of the 117 Madewell retail locations. Madewell stores represent the only year-round physical recycling sites for Blue Jeans Go Green.

Where is the insulation made from denim used?

Blue Jeans Go Green works with organizations like Habitat for Humanity to provide insulation for communities in need.

jeans

What is the insulation made of?

Ultra-Touch™ Denim Insulation is the successful combination of 35 years of insulation experience and a revolutionary patented manufacturing process that has created a superior and safe product. UltraTouch is made from high-quality natural fibers. These fibers contain inherent qualities that provide for extremely effective sound absorption and maximum thermal performance. UltraTouch has No Fiberglass Itch and is easy to handle and work with. UltraTouch contains no chemical irritants and requires no warning labels compared to other traditional products. There are no VOC concerns when using UltraTouch, as it is safe for you and the environment. UltraTouch is also a Class-A Building Product and meets the highest ASTM testing standards for fire and smoke ratings, fungi resistance and corrosiveness. UltraTouch™ Denim Insulation contains 80% post-consumer recycled natural fibers making it an ideal choice for anyone looking to use a high quality sustainable building material. The remaining 20% is comprised of binder fiber and a borate solution (for Fire Retardant).

Since the relationship began in 2014:
Total Denim Collected: 155,532 pairs
Total Waste Diverted (US Tons): 70 Tons
Total Insulation Created (SF): 278,530 sq. ft.
Houses insulated: 186

More info: www.madewell.com/madewell_feature/DENIMDONATION_sm.jsp

donations

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here