Bangladesh Denim Expo unveils the first details on the next 7th edition:
The international denim exhibition in Dhaka keeps growing in the number and quality of the exhibitors, providing a unique insight on Bangladesh denim, for a new edition that is expected to unveil the secrets of the industry.
In Japanese “Kaizen” is the word for a process of “continual improvement”, a word that has often been associated with businesses to describe activities that are monitored and continue to improve in all their functions. This concept is deeply rooted in the organizational strategy of Bangladesh Denim Expo. Step by step now, the Expo is approaching its next big advance – the 7th edition of what has become one of the most important denim exhibitions in the world and is today showing important gains in terms of the number and quality of the exhibitors.
Improvements are strategically planned in three main areas: a new up-to-date main theme, an expanded roster of exhibitors with a specific focus on Bangladesh industry, and a wider international reach reinforcing strategic partnerships.
1) For the upcoming show, set for next November 8-9, 2017, in Dhaka, a new forward-thinking main theme has been set up around the concept of “Transparency”. At its heart the 7th Edition will be exploring in detail its meaning and how this issue is perceived and treated in the fashion industry. The expo will feature a series of actions and events that will delve into this topic as never done before on an expo level.
2) Moreover, Bangladesh Denim Expo 7th Edition is on track to be the most successful ever in terms of participation, and has already confirmed that it will at least match the record number of exhibitors reached in the previous one. 58 Exhibitors from all over the world have already confirmed their participation at the show, of which 40 hail from foreign countries, and the remaining 18 are Bangladesh-based denim companies. For this edition, in fact, a greater number of Bangladesh exhibitors will be present in order to provide a genuine insight into the capabilities of the Bangladesh denim industry.
Among them the Expo is proud to announce that the four biggest denim garment manufacturers of Bangladesh in terms of export volume have joined the expo for the November edition: Pacific Jeans, Ananta, Bitopi and Dekko. These four brands are also among the leaders in Bangladesh’s denim market in innovation and adoption of sustainable practices.
– Pacific Jeans Group is regarded as one of the pioneering Bangladesh companies as a premium apparel manufacturer in the global marketplace. It was recognized as the top Bangladesh exporter for five consecutive years. It is one of the leading premium jeans manufacturers, employing 26,000 people, producing 36 million jeans every year and exporting to over 25 countries.
– Ananta Group manufactures diversified products such as Denim, Suits, Sweaters and Lingerie for top global fashion retailers. It acts as a strategic vendor for many of its customers and has earned a number of awards for its outstanding performance in recent years.
– Bitopi Group employs over 14,000 people. Two of their factories are LEED Platinum-Certified, including their RHL (Remi Holdings Ltd.), which is the highest rated LEED Platinum garment factory in the world. They produce trousers, denim and outerwear for the likes of H&M, Benetton, Decathlon, Zara, Lidl, Pro-mod, VF Corp, etc.
– Dekko Group comprises 17 operating companies in five business sectors – export-oriented, ready-made garments, garment accessories, paints, and food. Dekko’s brands are available in nearly 40 countries.
3) Finally, the upcoming exhibition will offer a unique panel of companies exhibiting their top products and best practices centered around the main theme of the Expo. These companies represent the full denim supply chain, with 42 denim mills, along with a selection of garment manufacturers, fiber and yarns suppliers, chemical suppliers, machinery producers and washing and laundry companies.
The international reach of the show is once again highlighted thanks to its partnership with the world-renowned Italian laundry and dyeing company, Tonello Garment Finishing Technologies, which will present a special Denim Gallery displaying a range of products specifically prepared for the show.
In the words of Bangladesh Denim Expo Founder and CEO, Md. Mostafiz Uddin:
“The vision of [the] Bangladesh Denim Expo is to make Bangladesh a sourcing hub by creating a multinational gathering, exposing new business horizons and greater corporate opportunities for the entire denim value chain, as well as [spotlighting] the country’s image to the world”