Before anything else, let me just say this: If you love the look and feel of well worn/well loved jeans without having to work for it*, then these are for you.
*Without having to work for it: That is when you buy a pair of raw indigo jeans and you have to wear them for years to achieve that authentic used and distressed look.
If you are a faithful Denimology reader, you already know that I love wearing men’s jeans. Because I am all about a more classic than fashion-based fit. I don’t really do super high rises, or very stretchy jeans.
So the Fairblue guys sent me a pair of their Raphael jeans to try and I can promise you this: The fit is absolutely cool, the jeans are skinny, yes, but they don’t pinch or snag. The denim is super soft, really, but also pretty heavy. So there is no danger of sagging butts or baggy knees. As for the distressing – there are a couple of rip & repair details on the front and back of the jeans but no holes.
I have been wearing the jeans for a couple of days and yes, they do give a bit, but not as much as most of my other rigid denim men’s jeans.
About the Raphael Jeans:
• Destroyed skinny jeans for men, very fitted cut (more tight-fitting than a slim jeans)
• Mid-rise waist, zip fastening
• Composition: 100% organic cotton certified label GOTS
• Candiani® denim fabric made in Italy
• Used light medium wash in blue denim, using Indigo Juice® dyeing process that reduces wasted water and energy
• Kitotex® technology: guarantees resistance and softness of the fabric with anti-bacterial properties
100% made in Italy, like all of the Fairblue jeans.