This past week, Everlane launched – what they are calling their Cleanest Denim Collection Ever. And we were curious. What exactly is this capsule about and what’s the difference between this collection and their other denims.
Hint: it’s all about clean cotton, clean stretch, clean dye and comfort!
Here is what they told us:
- When we launched our first jeans in 2017, we vowed to do denim a better way. So we partnered with the world’s cleanest denim factory to create premium jeans, minus the waste. In doing so, we set a new standard for ourselves and the industry—but there was one major aspect of our denim production that was still harming the planet: the material itself.
- As a fabric, denim is notoriously dirty. It’s typically made of cotton that’s farmed with toxic pesticides and elastane yarn that pollutes our atmosphere and water streams. Unfortunately, ours was no exception. That meant the only way for us to create denim that didn’t negatively impact the environment was to develop a better, cleaner material. So that’s what we did.
- We spent the past four years developing a truly clean denim fabric that’s made of organic cotton and Roica® V550 yarn—i.e., the first stretch yarn worldwide that isn’t made with harmful chemicals. This innovative fabric, along with the use of microplastic-free dyes and recycled trim, will allow us to be one of the first companies to make denim that doesn’t dirty the planet.
- Typical jeans are made of cotton that’s farmed with toxic pesticides and stretch yarn that pollutes our atmosphere and water streams. These styles, on the other hand, are made with organic cotton, microplastic-free dye, and Roica® V550 yarn—i.e., the first stretch yarn worldwide that isn’t made with harmful chemicals.
- Clean Denim:
- Organic Cotton ✔️
- Cradle To Cradle Certified® Stretch ✔️
- Microplastic-Free Dye ✔️
- Recycled Trim ✔️
Yu can shop the Cleanest Denim Ever capsule collection here.