Interesting news about American Eagle: The sustainable denim market just got a little more exciting. New York City’s AE77 is now coming to those with a discerning taste for artfully designed denim and sustainably crafted wardrobe essentials that stand the test of time.
We are excited to share that the new premium denim brand AE77, which is designed exclusively in NYC and rooted in sustainability, launched nationwide with the debut of its ecommerce site, www.AE77.com. We would love to work with you to share the news tied to launch and the brand’s continued efforts of sustainable craftsmanship!
This past September, AE77 debuted its first store in New York City’s SoHo neighborhood designed by Stefan Beckman Studio and plans for a second store opening by year-end. With a planet-first mindset and artfully crafted product offering of men’s, women’s and dual gender collections, the brand believes sustainability shouldn’t compromise design.
“AE77 is an exciting new opportunity for AEO Inc., which leverages our leadership in jeans, capitalizes on our strong innovation in style, fit, and fabrications, and incorporates our best sustainability practices,” said Jay Schottenstein, AEO Inc.’s Executive Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer.
“I believe AE77 is a great addition to our portfolio of brands as we seek to inspire new customers and expand our offerings. We created AE77 to make the best premium denim in the market. The optimistic tension between denim design and sustainable craftsmanship is woven throughout the brand. We are committed to putting our planet and quality first while curating a unique collection with a New York sensibility,” said Chad Kessler, President – AE Premium Brands.
About the AE77 Fall ’21 Collection
Artfully designed and planet-first. AE77 denim is meant to be lived in, repaired, and recycled paired with clothing, and accessories for an iconic wardrobe.
● Factories making AE77 denim meet AEO’s highest water requirements, exceeding requirements for water recycling, water management, and wastewater.
● Jean styles were made with a focus on lowering their environmental impact through more sustainable techniques and machinery.
● Exclusive use of Green Chemistry in jeans production to reduce or eliminate hazardous substances commonly used in the washing of denim.
● Fabrics made from sustainable raw materials to all extents possible, including organic, recycled, or sustainably sourced through the Better Cotton Initiative.
● All cotton is sustainably sourced.
● Water reducing methods and designing with the most innovative, reinvented materials including organic, recycled, and Better Cotton Initiative fabrics.
● Premium denim collection leads with nine fits and heroes the classic fit tailored for both men and women and the Western for women.
● Advanced fits are made with vintage details and innovative fabrics including selvedge are applied to provide maximum stretch and comfort.
● Elevated dresses and tops with feminine touches of lace, pintuck, ruffles and pointelle pair back to the iconic denim.
● Timeless tops span across recycled cashmere, made in LA knits, Japanese flannel shirts, and vintage fleece.
● The denim assortment ranges in price from $168-$188. Men’s bottoms sizing offered in 28-36 and women’s bottoms sizes offered in 23-33.
About the AE77 Fall ’21 Campaign
To introduce AE77, the brand worked with Trey Laird, Creative Director. The Fall ‘21 Campaign video and imagery capture a tension between New York and the new frontier.
“I was so inspired to be involved in this project. To see such a huge company not only taking a bold leadership position in sustainable denim practices, but also having the vision to create an innovative new brand dedicated to the process is a rare thing to see. We set out to visually capture the purity of nature fused with the energy of the City to reflect the story of AE77’s unique
new blend of artful creativity & sustainable craft,” Trey Laird, Creative Director.
And – as a true denim addict, I couldn’t resist and went to check out the brand new store myself. Check out my video below.