Gap reimagines what it means to champion originality with the unveiling of its Fall 2023 adult campaign featuring a compelling cast of talent who exemplify originality and self-expression. The diverse global cast bridges generations and represents the creative spirit. Their backgrounds span art, music, fashion, activism and film and their unique backgrounds exemplify being original.
Each look is timeless and rooted in Gap’s reinvented icons and wardrobe staples inspired by the brand archives including denim jackets, jeans, cargos, button-down shirts, hoodies, trench coats and our newest fabrication: CashSoft sweaters. Each cast member captured the beauty of being their true selves by wearing iconic Gap styles in their own authentic way.
The dynamic cast includes:
- Helena Christensen – Photographer, model, and mother, trying to stay curious and loving with an open heart and mind.
- Sophia Roe – James Beard Award-winning chef, writer, founder of and Emmy-Award nominated TV host known for her distinct lens on honesty, diversity and inclusivity.
- Lionel Boyce – A true multi-hyphenate writer, actor, and producer based in Los Angeles.
- Veneda Carter – Multifaceted designer, stylist, model, creative, and mother to two-year-old daughter, Bobbi – also featured in the campaign.
- Coco Pink Princess – Tokyo-based fashionista, model, stylist, and photographer, representing Generation Alpha.
- Sean Wotherspoon – Sneaker designer, collector, store owner, and Gap’s newest Vintage Curator. Inspired by the past to design for the present, within a plant-based lens.
- Medalion Rahimi – A first-generation Iranian American actor, writer, producer, and humanitarian, moving the needle for SWANA (South West Asian and North African) creatives through her own production company.
- Stella Simona – Designer and creative who intertwines her work with values close to her heart, epitomizing the importance of allowing your passion to guide your process.
The campaign brings self-expression and individuality to life in each frame through Gap’s fall essentials designed to dress every generation. Through beautifully shot stills and video content, the creative pays homage to nostalgic Gap ads reimagined for today, framing Gap’s new fall collection through an emotional and vibrant color story injecting humanity, creativity, and confidence.
“Our fall campaign highlights Gap’s continued focus on originality through a unique cast of artistic individuals spotlighting our most loved product icons in a fresh new way,” said Erika Everett, head of marketing at Gap. “From acting and film to philanthropy and design experts, this incredibly talented cast is comprised of individuals who have made a name for themselves by leveraging their own personal style and originality to carve out a path in their field. We are proud to be a brand that spotlights those who embody the true meaning of creativity and are shown in this campaign making Gap style their own.”
You can shop for the fall 2023 collection here.